Monday, December 31, 2012

Bachmann Introduces Legislation to Rescind Congressional Pay Raise

(Washington, D.C.) Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (MN-06) today introduced legislation that would rescind the portion of President Obama’s executive order that gives members of Congress a pay raise.

“I am calling on my colleagues in the House and Senate to rescind President Obama’s executive order that gives members of Congress a pay raise. This executive order was not requested by Congress and we should reject it. We have a spending problem in our country and we should be looking for areas to cut spending. At a time when families across the country are cutting back we should not increase government spending and add to the debt burden by giving members of Congress a pay raise. We need to begin with ourselves and I urge my colleagues to join me in this effort.”

No comments:

Post a Comment